- Implement a comprehensive strategic framework for action that addresses the identified problems facing Aboriginal people in gaining employment in the skilled trades;
- Strengthen the relationships among and within all sector stakeholder groups and senior levels of government;
- Secure core financial resources for the implementation of the Ontario-based Aboriginal Apprenticeship Strategy;
- Fortify all sector disciplines working and interacting cohesively and collaboratively to create greater accountability and effectiveness;
- Reinforce a dynamic and effective communications network across and between community sectors;
- Promote and respect the diversity and differences amongst people and organizations;
- Increase public education and awareness of apprenticeship programs.
- Solicits the appointment of representatives to the Partnership Advisory Committee;
- Acts as spokesperson for the Ontario-based Aboriginal Apprenticeship Strategy;
- Seeks appropriate funding;
- Defines strategies and priorities;
- Reviews and updates plans;
- Lobbies policy makers, public opinion leaders and stakeholders at the provincial and federal levels;
- Evaluates the implementation plan and prepares an annual report on activities and progress.